ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community project and connection worker will deliver Juno’s capacity building and homelessness early intervention projects.
You will be the On Our Path Together project lead and engage with older women who have experienced homelessness to provide information and connection on homelessness services. This project uses a peer-education model which engages peers as educators to share knowledge in community settings and help women access support earlier.
- SCHADS Level 5
- 0.8 EFT. Contract until December 31, 2021
- Preston location
- Flexible working hours
In the role you will
- Develop project plans and tools for Juno’s community information and connection projects.
- Coordinate the On Our Path Together peer education and community information project.
- Create opportunities for lived experience experts and network stakeholders in the design, develop and review of the On Our Path Together project.
- Facilitate training and provide mentoring and support for peer educators in the On Our Path Together project.
- Represent Juno in community and network forums.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in community development, social work or extensive experience in community education, peer education and training.
- Experience working with community service or advocacy organisations focused on homelessness, gender-based poverty or older persons.
- Demonstrated experience in developing programs or projects. Including applying knowledge of primary prevention and early intervention approaches.
- High-level community engagement skills. Including experience facilitating client-led and peer participation model projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience co-facilitating workshops, developing presentations and reports.
JUNO recognises the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women with disabilities and LGBTIQA+ women.
Juno is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check and National Criminal History check.
For further information please contact email@example.com.