About the role
- Educator role that makes a difference in your local community
- Voluntary position with honorarium and reimbursements
- Combination from home, Preston office and presenting in Melbourne’s North
- Training program commences mid-October
On Our Path Together is a community education project that provides early information, connection and support to older women who may be at risk of homelessness. This project uses a peer-education model which engages peers as educators to share knowledge in community settings and help women access support earlier before they reach housing crisis.
Mentoring and support will be available to peer educators from our Project Support Worker and Trainer.
In the role you will:
- Participate in our development training for On Our Path Together
- Connect to community groups in the North to deliver local workshops
- Contribute your lived experience to the development and review of the project
We encourage applications from women over the age of 50 who are currently looking for work or looking to return to work.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Lived experience of homelessness or housing stress and low income
- Willingness to speak in small groups about the realities and challenges of being an older woman at risk of homelessness and engaging with support systems
- Confidence presenting and engaging with a wide range of people
- Previous experience in peer education or training would be an asset (but not essential).
Juno recognises the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women with disabilities and LGBTIQA+ women.
Juno is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check and National Criminal History check.