A unique opportunity exists for an experienced Finance Manager to join a small independent, feminist organisation with a core commitment to social change. This is a part-time position, with the potential for flexible working arrangements, an attractive total remuneration package and access to salary packaging (PBI).
About the role
This role is an ongoing 0.5 to 0.6 EFT (Tuesdays required, other days negotiable). SCHADS Level 6 position (pay point dependent on experience and qualifications).
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day financial operations of Juno:
- Leading the preparation of organization and project budgets, monitoring and reporting
- Develop and maintain various financial models to ensure accurate costings for core programs and other projects
- Preparation of annual financial and statutory reports and leading the audit process
- Monthly management reporting to the Board, the CEO and senior staff
- Payroll process, including salary sacrifice arrangements and statutory reporting
- Responsible for all ATO and other compliance submissions
- Oversee all financial transactions of the company
- Maintain up-to-date profit and loss and cash flow forecasts
- Managing external contracts for the company
- Manage compliance with Australian Accounting Standards and other relevant legislation
- Lead and supervise Accounts and Administration officer
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- 5+ years experience in accounting with Accounting qualification and with or working towards CA or CPA qualification
- Experience developing and managing budgets and forecasts, as well as experience preparing management reports for senior management and Board
- Proficiency in MYOB Accounting software
- Extensive experience in financial operations, including payroll monitoring and reporting, including FBT, accounts payable, accounts receivable, producing financial reports and other general accounting services.
- High-level Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Sound knowledge and application of Australian Taxation requirements and relevant reporting bodies, with the ability to review appropriate changes that are required and provide recommendations
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Can work independently, drive projects to completion, and be part of a flexible hybrid team
Juno is committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all ages, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women and gender diverse people, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, and LGBTIQA+ communities.
Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check and a National Criminal History check.
For more information about the role and a confidential discussion or support with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Finance Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.